Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week Six: Holding Steady

I'm in my sixth week of Paleo and going strong! I've been at it since September 5th, and have never felt better...at least until Aunt Flo visited with a vengeance. Every once in a while she really knocks me out, and apparently it was my turn (I hardly noticed last month.) In celebration, I've been hitting the Brownie Batter Smoothies pretty hard. Maaaan, are they gooood!

They're a little carb heavy, so needless to say I haven't lost much weight drinking them but haven't gained it either. They are especially good made with butternut squash or banana squash, which I tried for the first time last week. Delicious! I also tried Asian Pears and they are absolutely amazing, especially in a fruit salad.

Not all my new eating adventures went well. I made turnips for the first time ever and didn't peel deep enough. Apparently there is some bitter threshold you must peel past to have the nice, mild, peppery sweet taste they are known for. All I got was a mouthful of bitterness that left me shuddering. I'm trying to summon up the courage to try them again! All of it's great fodder for future articles. I have TONS of ideas (and energy), just need to find the time to write them all up!

Overall, eating Paleo is definitely becoming easier. I reach for fruit and veggies, and try to make sure there's always some cooked meats or eggs on hand. I don't even notice or crave wheat and sugar based items.  And who would when I get to eat such awesome foods? I took a few pictures (below), I couldn't help myself. (Click each one for a bigger picture.)


Apple, Nut & Dried Cranberries
Pears, Figs & Pecans
Pecan-Crusted Fish, Sauteed Mushroom & Veggies
Sticky Chicken, Sauteed Onions & Peppers

I mean, really. With food like this, who wants to eat anything that leaves you feeling bloated and nasty? I eat well, sleep well, and my usually awful fall allergies are barely noticeable. I can keep up with my toddler, who is into everything, wakes me up at night and picks up every sniffle from daycare (I'm working towards getting him as Paleo as possible too!) I work in health care and people are sick around me, but I feel fine. I have energy and smile all the time. If it never gets better than this, that's perfectly fine with me!

Hope you have a wonderful and HEALTHY week!
Kim :)

PS. I'm down 12 pounds since I started and my size 12's are starting to become loose. All while eating these awesome foods! I'm in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion is encouraged, but offensive comments will not be posted.