Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome to the Penny Pinching Paleo!

Welcome to my blog! I've enjoyed reading so many great Primal/Paleo blogs lately. I just started Mark Sisson's 30 day Primal Blueprint challenge and wanted a place where I could post my thoughts and progress (especially since I don't know anyone around here who has even heard of these things!) I love the program, but it's a challenge in more ways than one. I'm very frugal (because I have to be) and I'm a Christian. I also have four boys ranging in age from 1 to 21, and a husband who eats more than all of them!

Needless to say, the Primal/Paleo ideas are stretching me in lots of ways and that's ok! The food is GREAT and I'm learning more every day. And I'm feeling great too! I'm hoping to lose about 50 pounds, much of which I racked up on birth control pills and my last pregnancy (a long post in itself...I gained 40 pounds and got pregnant on the pill at the age of 40!) Now if I can only stretch my budget! That's a real challenge considering the high quality of food in the Paleo\Primal lifestyle and the less than stellar quality in most grocery stores. But I do believe there's a happy medium and want to explore that here.

I'm no stranger to the web, I've done websites before (I had a nationally recognized frugal living website years ago) but I've never done blogging. One thing I learned as a former web designer, editor, writer and sometime coder....keep it simple! So this site is a more simple approach on purpose. It may not be glitzy or pretty at times, but I'll try. In the meantime, please forgive the mess while I rearrange the furniture and spiff things up a bit!
 Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discussion is encouraged, but offensive comments will not be posted.